Venue: National Weather Service Office, Blacksburg
Date: Saturday, October 29, 2016
Time: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Event Types: Miscellaneous, Family Friendly, Speaking Engagements, STEM Events
National Weather Service Office presents their Biennial Open House on Saturday, October 29, 2016.
Join the staff at the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Blacksburg for a tour of the facility and learn more about the weather that affects our community and see how forecasts are made. There will also be demonstrations and booths hosted by our partners in the weather education and safety community.
Visitors will get to:
• Receive a tour of the facility
• Learn how forecasts and warnings are created
• See what types of data we use, including dual-pol radar
• View dramatic weather photos and video
• Ask meteorologists questions about weather and climate
• Visit with numerous weather-related exhibitors
• See weather-related science experiments
All ages are welcome.
The National Weather Service Office is located at 1750 Forecast Drive within the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center in Blacksburg, VA.
For more information, visit: http://www.weather.gov/rnk/NWSOpenHouse2016.