Venue: Sinkland Farms, Christiansburg
Date: Saturday, September 28, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Event Types: Music, Food, Miscellaneous, Family Friendly
General entertainment fee is $5.00 per car load.
You are invited to the Grand Opening Weekend of Sinkland Farms annual Pumpkin Festival on Saturday, September 28th and Sunday, September 29th.
The Grand Opening will feature the return of the national Punkin' Chunkin' World Champion Team Carbo of Raleigh, NC among many other special events.
• Team Carbo returns to Sinkland Farms to attempt to beat their previous record, flinging pumpkins sky high over 2,000 feet in the air!
• NRV Rocketry returns for their rocket launching exhibition on both days. Enjoy watching small and full size rockets launch into the air.
• Local remote control plane and helicopter organizations will be on hand demonstrating flying planes and helicopters in the skies above the farm.
• Dave's Moonwalks will have inflatable fun including a mechanical bull. Try out the four station 27 foot tall Rock Wall Climb, and the 30 foot Saber Tooth Tiger Slide.
• Huckleberry Pie will be performing a variety of American roots music, from acoustic folk and country to electric blues both days. Influences include Alison Krauss, Gillian Welch, and David Bromberg.
Celebrate this opening weekend with these festivities as well as all Sinkland Farms normally offers visitors during fall weekends.
Regular Pumpkin Festival activities include:
* Hayrides to Pumpkin Patch * Live Music * Pony and Horseback Rides * Barnyard Animals * Face Painting * Corn Cannon and Sling Shots * Antique Tractor Display * Arts and Crafts Vendors * Corn Maze!
Some activities are free and some have an additional cost to see the full price breakdown, visit: http://www.sinklandfarms.com/pumpkinfestival.html
Sinkland Farms is located at 3020 Riner Road, just outside of Christiansburg. Take I-81 to Exit 114, travel south on Route 8 towards Riner/Floyd for 2.2 miles. The farm is on the left.
For more information, be sure to visit our website at http://www.sinklandfarms.com/pumpkinfestival.html or e-mail email@example.com.