Venue: Sinkland Farms, Christiansburg
Date: September 29, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Event Types: Music, Food, Miscellaneous, Family Friendly, Arts & Theatre
Parking is $5.00 a car load.
Activities vary in price.
Sinkland Farms is proud to host our annual pumpkin festival for the young and young at heart! We're celebrating our 20th year in 2012! You are sure to find something for everyone...hay rides, pony rides, face painting, art, fall decor, farm animals, corn maze, food, ice cream, and much, much more!!
Our Grand Opening weekend, Saturday, September 29th - Sunday, September 30th is sure to kick-off this year's festival with a bang.
Special kick-off weekends events include:
* First Ever Rocket Launch at Sinkland Farms! Sinkland Farms has cordially invited NRV Rocketry out to their farms to help blast in their Fall Pumpkin Festival! This two day launch will be awesome! You don't want to miss it! For more information, visit: http://nrvr.org/launches/
* 5K Pumpkin Run & Kids Fun Run - Saturday morning. Check-in & registration - 8:30-9:30 am. Fun Run: 10 am. 5K 10:30 am. $15 includes t-shirt.
* Music from High Country - High Country is the combined effort of Patricia Cantrell and Teresa Wheeling. Known for their harmonies, this duo performs country, folk, gospel, bluegrass, pop and rockabilly tunes. High Country performs with some of the most talented and accomplished musicians in the region including two members of the Statler Brothers who will join them at Sinkland Farms! Their combined style enjoys a mixture of influences from Alison Krauss and Laurie Lewis to the Statler Brothers, Tammy Wynette and Glen Campbell.
For more information, visit: http://www.o2bcountry.com/
Admission is free to enjoy our live music, visit with the animals, and wander through the meadows. Visitors with special needs are always welcome. Make Sinkland Farms a special annual tradition that your family will remember for years to come!
* Hayrides to Pumpkin Patch
* Live Music
* Pony and Carriage Rides
* Barnyard Animals
* Face Painting
* Farm Equipment
* Antique Tractor Display
* Arts and Crafts Vendors
* Corn Maze!
* Free Admission!
* Free live music
* Free animal barn
* Parking: $5/carload
* Hay rides: $2
* Pony/Carriage rides: $5
* Horse Trail: $10
* Corn Cannon and Sling Shots: 3 for $1
* Face Painting: $1
* Corn Maze: $6 per person, kids under 5 free
* Pumpkins and Fall Decor: $1-$25
For more information, visit: http://www.sinklandfarms.com/pumpkinfestival.html or call: 540-382-4640.